cc: My friends and family x
I HATE thinking about Christmas lists. I’ll happily let each month pass me by without giving my Christmas list a moment’s thought. I think that’s a process every single adult must go through, though.
Like, when you’re a kid, you store every single toy advert you’ve seen over the course of the year in your memory bank. Then, in October, you go through the ARGOS catalogue cheekily circling things you just know you’re not going to get (a tamagotchi? Fine. A few Barbie dolls? Fine. A DVD of Monsters, inc.? Fine. A wooden Wendy house, complete with hot tub and toy convertible? We didn’t even have a garden.)
Then, when you get to… ooh, roughly the age of eighteen, when your job or your sugar daddy or your student loan is able to pay off everything you’ve desired that year, it hits you.
It’s December. Your parents have asked you what you want every day for the last five days. You don’t know, and don’t foresee yourself ever really knowing.
‘Just get me whatever’, you say, breezily. But inside you’re stressing to the point of no return. What do I really want?
Well, here’s an eclectic list of things I really want for Christmas this year. It might’ve changed slightly since the age of seven…
1. I’d quite like my acne to go away, please
2. I’m absolutely dying for a black cross-sweater crop top. I can’t find one in black anywhere
3. To see my boyfriend more than once a month would be swell
4. The Mario Badescu 50th Anniversary Gift Set
5. Would be great if someone could pay for my micro-dermabrasion. I’d do it myself, but, y’know. I don’t want to.
6. A wok would be nice
7. The willpower to go vegan would be gorgeous
8. PYJAMAS. I always need pyjamas. Preferably Primark.
9. Any Juvia’s place palette. I’m not fussy.
10. A lifetime membership at my Chinese takeaway, entitling me to free takeaways for life
This is just a rough draft, obviously.